The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Decision Engine Manager to join our team and support the customer approval process by ensuring the decision engine platform is meeting operational expectations. As a Decision Engine Analyst, you will partner with the Credit Risk Portfolio Management / Data Science team to gather requirements for changes to credit risk models and underwriting strategies, and then be responsible for coding and testing in the decision engine.
This position is based in-office. The health and well-being of our Team Members, their families, and our customers remain a top priority for us. That's why we've taken a number of steps to help maintain a clean and safe environment where Team Members can thrive, and customers can feel safe. Currently, in our stores and Corporate offices, we're practicing social distancing, encouraging face coverings (unless otherwise required by law), and considering state, local requirements and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help ensure a clean and safe environment for all. As the situation evolves, changes may be made to our practices, in line with state and local mandates as well as CDC-guidelines.
Ability to maintain a full-time work schedule with regular in-person attendance. A full-time work schedule for this position includes, at a minimum, 40-hours per week.
Manage and execute the technical development of credit risk / underwriting processes using system tools that require program scripting, system configurations, and strong technical testing methods.
Capture the desired end state of each new decision process request from internal team partners or other business partners (Credit Risk, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and IT) to scope and size the request for prioritization.
Partner with IT to define new data processes/needs, develop strategies on how to update current decision processes, and estimates impact of change.
Conduct UAT and Production testing on all changes to the decision engine.
Translate underwriting processes and strategies into technical designs through collaboration with multifunctional teams.
Work closely with Credit Risk, IT, sales, marketing and compliance to ensure their design meets stated internal and regulatory requirements.
Oversee and coordinate testing life cycles from initial integration testing through production readiness, including the creation and maintenance of system documentation.
Perform analysis and create reporting using SQL.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a Credit Policy Analyst, Decision System Analyst, Rules Developer, or equivalent.
- Experience with decision engine software
- Prior work with relational databases and experience with SQL or similar tool.
- Hands-on experience working with REST/SOAP web services (including deep knowledge of JSON/XML data structures)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think logically and effectively utilize techniques to develop and execute effective solutions
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing collective ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence and willingness to challenge status quo but also able to concede and execute other's ideas when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or a related field. Experience equivalency may be considered, as well.
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with Provenir (risk decisioning software)
Learn More About Us
The Decision Engine Analyst is a member of the Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more about this team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/ .
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply on company website