Senior Credit Risk Analyst
The TMX Finance ® Family of Companies is looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join the team and identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement as well as utilize analysis based on mining available consumer, collateral, and transaction information and data to provide strategic and tactical recommendations. You will support the organization's efforts in better analyzing Credit Risk from both a planning and execution perspective, in turn, having a strong impact on the Company's bottom line as well as on your career path.
- Mine consumer loan data across multiple data environments utilizing SQL, R, and Python.
- Build and automate complex queries from diverse databases and create dynamic reports to enhance credit risk insights.
- Design data visualizations that focus on usability and ease of interpretation.
- Translate and communicate data analysis into results and develop implementation tactics. Provides consulting support to business areas around credit performance.
- Produce analysis related to loan origination, performance, and forecasting, to include manipulating and interpreting data, analyzing/identifying trends, and reports findings.
- Partner with internal team of predictive modelers to develop complex datasets containing potential variables to analyze credit performance of borrowers (payment delinquency, default patterns, fraudulent indicators, profitability etc.).
- Shape the future of our underwriting, marketing, and collections strategy using various tools and methodologies: multi-product internal data, credit bureaus and alternative data sources
- Perform product or other segment level analytics to analyze performance of existing products and assist with roll-out of new product policy and pricing strategies for various product offerings.
- Champion change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis before recommending ways to improve outcomes.
- Conduct thorough portfolio reviews, monitor credit risk exposure, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies and process improvements.
- Master's Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent amount of work experience
- Proven experience with SQL, R, Python, and a data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data analysis, preferably in the financial services industry, with a focus on credit risk analysis
- Proficient in handling Large Datasets, working with Data Processing Frameworks, and building reliable Data Pipelines
- Extensive experience building advanced analytical solutions using best-in-class Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling techniques
- Familiar with data from various bureaus and third-party data providers. Processed very large datasets and comfortable with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Strong communication skills and motivated to deliver innovative/effective solutions to address business problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically and critically
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis and reporting
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard
Our Benefits Include*:
- A comprehensive new hire training program designed to help set you up for success
- Access to a robust learning management system, full of e-learning modules and training programs to help boost your professional and personal development
- Professional Development and Mentor Programs plus Ongoing Training Resources
- Multiple coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through TMX Perks
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance
- Paid Time Off (Accrue approximately 12 days per year, plus 2 additional days for each year of service after the first year of employment up to a maximum of 18 days)
- Performance-based career advancement
- Diverse Culture and Inclusive Environment
Learn More About Us
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is part of the Installment and Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more about this team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Diversity at the TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the driving forces behind our Company's success and we are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining talent of various backgrounds who demonstrate our shared values. We have worked to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where Team Members can collaborate freely to help spark innovation, drive creativity, advance their skillset, and move their career forward. Our commitment to diversity isn't just about the work we accomplish; it's about fostering a sense of belonging where talented Team Members can bring their whole selves to work to help maximize their full potential.
Our Workplace Awards and Recognition
We are honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer for 2021, 2022, and 2023, a Best Company to Work for by InHerSight, and have received designation as a Top Employer for Hispanic and Latinos by HLPA 2022 and 2023.
TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the largest consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. Since 1998, we have provided access to credit for customers who are underserved by traditional lenders through our TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan® brands. Many of our customers have nowhere else to turn when they suffer short-term financial setbacks like medical emergencies or home repairs, so it is our mission to remain a reliable source of credit and offer customers hope and opportunity.
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
*Based on current benefit offering, which is subject to change with or without notice. Certain benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the governing plan documents which should be consulted for additional details and eligibility requirements.
Important: The TMX Finance® Family of Companies will never ask you for banking or other payment information at any point during the interview or hiring process, nor will we conduct an interview via text message. Any official email correspondence will come from the domain @titlemax.com or @titlemax.biz. For questions or verification, call 1- 855-TMX-JOBS.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply on company website