Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Building Engineer is responsible for working directly with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of the owner and Transwestern (TW). This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
It is the policy of TW that the highest possible professional standards be maintained at all times when you perform your assigned duties and responsibilities. Our success as a business is directly related to the quality of the services that we provide. In the performance of your duties as an Engineer as described below, you are accountable for all of your actions.
Your contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is to be guided by the highest professional standards including positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary service.
- Perform all plumbing, electrical or HVAC requirements of the building(s)
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers.
- Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps and sump pumps.
- Document and report activities.
- Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Perform welding, carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years building maintenance experience.
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows based software.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments.)
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
WORK SHIFTFirst Shift (United States of America)
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website