Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Research Manager will be responsible for leveraging Transwestern's vast resources to support and provide innovative insights and digital products to leadership and clients of the Firm. Candidates should demonstrate excellent technical acumen, visual creativity and communication skills, as well as a track record of providing compelling advice in a professional setting. Beyond data analysis, the Manager will interpret both internal and external client needs, procure solutions and influence decisions, presenting informative findings across various business verticals, geographies, property types and investment strategies.
The Manager will ensure operational excellence and best-in-class standards relating to methodology, application and growth of the broader Research & Analytics team, and Transwestern.
- Develop relationships with internal and external clients, better understand their business with the goal of advancing solutions meeting their needs.
- Evaluate technologies that are not currently in use, expand adoption of current digital products.
- Distribute high-end output in the form of maps, reports, presentations, narratives, data summaries
- Manage geographic data from a variety of sources to improve industry and market knowledge
- Maintain internal property database
- Report quarterly market statistics
- Perform strategic real estate market analysis including evaluation of competitors locations, acquisitions strategy, sales volumes, and other relevant information
- Provide GIS mapping and demographic reports to the company's internal and external clients. Mapping types include but not limited to; geocoded maps, demographics/thematic mapping, heat maps, traffic counts, radius and drive time analysis, working with aerials - retail tenant competition with logos maps and aerials
- Obtains and maintains accurate geographic market data for the market
- Extracts demographic and geographic information from various databases for use in maps or reports.
- Analysis, research, design, and implementation of all mapping tools, templates, standards, and software as well as creates a knowledge base of standard templates and techniques
- Assist clients with site selection/optimization strategies based upon directives and market opportunities
- Consult with professionals and clients to determine appropriate map analysis technique
- Ability to create aesthetically pleasing presentation type maps
- Identify, organize, distribute and implement best practices
- Proactively searches for new and different data and sources of data, integrating this data in real estate applicable mapping uses.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business, Economics, Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Business Analytics or related field
- Advanced education preferred
- Professional designations preferred
- 5 years minimum experience in commercial real estate required; research and/or analytics experience is preferred
- 2+ years' experience with business analytics, data mining, geospatial analytics, or statistical analysis
- Proven understanding of occupational commercial real estate and/or capital markets metrics; experience in transaction markets is highly preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in ESRI Suite; ArcGIS Desktop, MapInfo, Alteryx, Tableau and/or Power BI and extensions (Business Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst),
- ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- 3D modeling in GIS, plus
- Knowledge of GIS terms and definitions, real estate terms and definitions, real estate analytical methods required
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis
- Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in customer relationship management protocols, including related digital products
- Deep familiarity with common commercial real estate data vendors including Real Capital Analytics, CoStar, RealPage, Reonomy, etc.
- Deep understanding of economics and related data platforms including Bloomberg, Moody's, S&P Global, Oxford Economics, etc.
- Strong organizational, visualization, communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated writing skills; ability to write concisely and effectively
- Ability to create, articulate and effectively present GIS information for the benefit of non-GIS users
- Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs
- Ability to resolve complex situations or problems by defining a strategy, often involving cross-functional teams and leading a collaboration effort through resolution
- Able to serve several audiences while remaining committed to generating the best result
- Solid organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize workload, manage projects and communicate well with internal client
- Must be flexible, highly creative, work well under pressure and within tight schedules, and be enthusiastic about communicating the company's vision and differentiators.
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as in a team setting
- Client orientation, a desire to help clients succeed
- Superb interpersonal, collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects from inception to completion on tight timeline
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website