Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The National Director of Engineering will provide thought leadership and introduce innovation and ingenuity to this role. The National Director of Engineering will provide leadership for Transwestern's engineering teams covering multiple markets and asset types. This position will be responsible for implementing successful training/educational/safety programs, deploying and maintaining a quality preventative maintenance program, due diligence and inspection activities for clients, internal and external audit compliance, infrastructure capital projects and ensuring that building engineering systems and teams perform in accordance with the client KPIs and service level agreements.
It is also the responsibility of the National Director of Engineering to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with owners, vendors and colleagues, but also to focus on supporting the Asset Services team to ensure assets are operating at optimum levels.
- Support Asset Services property and national operations teams nationwide. Create maintaining cohesion with property managers and engineers by ensure both teams work together to deliver operational excellence to our clients.
- Ensure accountability through the creation and deployment of best practices in preventative maintenance, client service delivery, and overall building operational efficiency.
- Create best-in-class Preventative Maintenance program. Ensure Preventative Maintenance is customized, utilized, and measured effectively for all managed assets
- Create consistent inspection procedures for both internal, and client specific inspections.
- Track and monitor performance in services delivery at both asset and Regional level; ensure annual review and goals achieved and continually monitored.
- Support Energy Star, LEED, WELL programs and ensure all local utility rebate programs are maximized nationwide. Alongside of our National Director of Sustainability, ensure Transwestern managed assets are deploying energy efficient best practices through the engineering team's operations.
- Lead energy procurement and deregulated strategies for both electricity and gas.
- Support the management of current and future years capital plans & support the development of data benchmarks for construction costs in each market. Interact with the Construction Management teams to ensure successful results. Incorporate value-engineering options for clients to deliver to clients inclusive of ROI calculations on energy saving projects.
- Support asset services teams in creation and deployment of capital plans
- Create and deploy national procurement programs.
- Create consistent and meaningful due diligence deliverables, inclusive of 5 to 10 year capital planning for acquisition pursuits.
- Recruit high level talent for senior leadership roles.
- Minimize risk by deploying skill development & safety training programs. Work with National Director of Training to deploy best in class engineering training program.
- Create engineering mentorship program with the Human Resources team to strengthen and grow our emerging leaders. Provide mentorship to all engineering team members.
- BA/BS in engineering, related discipline or equivalent facilities experience and training.
- Industry certifications such as LEED GA or AP, SMA, SMT, preferred
- 10+ years facilities engineering experience with responsibility for leading teams and maximizing productivity in multiple sites.
- Extensive electrical, mechanical & plumbing knowledge of commercial facilities with a very strong background in critical building operations.
- Technically proficient in operations of Building Management Systems, Life Safety Systems, CMMS, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze and understand contracts and vendor agreements
- Technically proficient in preventative maintenance, work order tracking, and construction management technology systems/software.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, recommend and execute creative solutions and plan for contingencies.
- Demonstrate leadership, people management and client relationship skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and obtain buy-in from internal and external clients, and executives.
- Business acumen including financial planning and analysis. Must be able to manage within budget and time constraints.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and time-sensitive, workload(s).
- Ability to keep information and internal communications confidential.
- Ability to travel.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website