Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Property Manager is responsible for the implementation and administration of policies, procedures, and programs on a day-to-day basis that will assure that the creative office portfolio is well managed.
- Professionally represent TW while adhering to the terms and conditions of the management agreement.
- Accurately, on a timely basis, communicate the owner's needs and requirements to the assigned TW staff.
- Maintain open and regular communication with the owners or their representatives.
- Prepare and maintain a Property/Tenant Manual for each property managed.
- Represent and communicate clearly and accurately, in person, over the phone, and in writing the authority of the Property Manager based on legal agreements in effect and TW policies.
- Initiate and execute day-to-day operational procedures which include:
- Safety, risk management, efficiency, and TW quality standards.
- Financial, personnel, and administrative duties/functions.
- Management agreement administration, analysis, review, and feedback to owners and TW.
- Contact and interaction with engineering, security, parking and housekeeping/janitorial.
- Maintain programs for property interior and exterior, as well as mechanical systems.
- Build-outs, renovations, tenant move-ins, and move-outs.
- Screen, hire, supervise, mentor and train staff as required, which may include: assistant property manager, chief building engineer (and engineering staff), property secretary, porters and day maids, etc.
- Complies with local ordinances (moved form “Standards”).
- Conduct weekly manager meetings with admin., engineers to discuss ongoing activities, highlights of TW, concerns and issues within the building – create team approach to management- and buy in to philosophies.
- Conduct monthly meetings with accounting manager and project accountant to discuss ongoing activities, financial or reporting concerns and issues with the building or building owner.
- Maintain a current assessment of property management procedures through the initiation, administration, and reporting of management's analysis.
- Initiate and distribute timely reports to owners on financial, marketing, and maintenance information.
- Prepare operating variance analysis comparing budget to actual as directed by the owner.
- Coordinate training activities for self and staff.
- Maintain compliance with all TW personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop/administer property business plan with capital and operating budgets: manage the property within parameters of the budgets and the business plan.
- Communicate clearly and on a timely basis with project accounting personnel using and/or providing the appropriate documentation.
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day financial transactions including: accounts receivable, accounts payable (taking advantage of all available discounts) collection of all rents, miscellaneous income, and charges.
- Accurate and up-to-date maintenance of required financial records and files.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or Human Resource Management or related discipline.
- Certified Property Manager, Real Property Manager preferred.
- At least five (5) years (continuous in one operation) and up to 10 years of recent property management experience, comparable with the property under consideration in terms of commercial/retail, ownership, tenant lease arrangements, square footage, etc.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Word, and Excel proficiencies.
- Microsoft Outlook, Angus, Accounting Software such as MRI or Yardi and Budgeting Software such as Kardin proficiency preferred.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy work load.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Uses a computer several hours each day.
- Uses office and audio visual equipment.
- Communicates by telephone, fax, e-mail, video conferencing, satellite broadcasting and in-person.
LOCATIONWashington, District of Columbia
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website