Company: Travis Credit Union
Location: Vacaville, CA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Banking, Insurance, Financial Services
- Develops and implements strategies for improving collection effectiveness to reduce delinquencies and charge-offs, and to optimally maximize funds recovered while minimizing recovery timeframes. Oversees and handles all foreclosures, Deed in Lieu, Short sale, Forbearance agreement, REO assets, Bankruptcy and repossessed vehicles.
- Utilizes extensive expertise in collections, knowledge of sound business practices, and proven skills of managing a multi-functional staff to achieve departmental success. Manages, coordinates, and oversees all collections and loss mitigation activities to minimize losses.
- Leads, trains, evaluates, coaches, professionally develops and motivates staff. Supports supervisory staff with overseeing all collections and loss mitigation activities. Effectively coordinates staff scheduling, incentive program and training.
- Ensures policies and procedures are up-to-date, and staff is following approved policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully tailor communications according to the audience. Ability to prepare and effectively facilitate presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to Collections and Lending, including FDCPA, FCRA, FACTA, TCPA and fair lending regulations, and management and control of operations to ensure compliance.
- Excellent phone communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Able to prioritize and manage daily workload.
- Proven ability working in a team atmosphere; in a fast paced, fun environment
- Self-motivated attitude with a desire to succeed
- Proven ability to drive positive financial results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, motivation and professional development to staff. Strong professional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Sound understanding of Credit Union products and services.
- Detail oriented and able to work in high pressure situations with moving deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to accurately calculate figures, gather, analyze and present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Establishes, monitors and manages departmental controls to reduce risk and improve efficiencies.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and deal with stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Manages vendor relationships and conducts annual review of departmental contracts.
- Understands the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and ensures compliance through monitoring and reporting of member activity as appropriate.
Apply on company website