The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine at Holy Cross Hospital Internal Medicine Residency, a new Internal Medicine program focused on developing the next generation of leaders in general internal medicine, is seeking a Director for the Residency Program located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Program Director is responsible for the administrative and clinical oversight of the educational program. The Program Director is accountable for the operation of the program and must dedicate no less than 50% (20 hours per week) to the administrative and educational activities of the program. The Program Director is responsible for the operations of the program, including all activities related to recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents. The Program Director ensures continuing accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual interested in improving the practice of Internal Medicine and the care of the underserved population in South Florida.
Responsibilities of the Program Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the quality of didactic and clinical education at both Holy Cross Hospital and ambulatory sites including continuity clinic sites, assuring it is within the requirements of both the ABIM and the ACGME
- Develop and maintain the curriculum
- Serve as a Faculty Mentor to the Associate Program Directors and Chief Residents.
- Maintain and lead an effective resident advising program.
- Be available and accessible to residents at both Holy Cross Hospital as well as continuity sites
- With the faculty and Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) evaluate resident performance and assure that residents are achieving the stated objectives of the program.
- Work with CCC to assure residents are assigned clinical responsibilities appropriate for their level of training and knowledge and skills, and that they have appropriate supervision.
- Recruit and guide the selections of the residents for the Program.
- Participate on the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Participate in educational programs that enhance educational and administrative skills
- This includes attendance at the Association for Program Directors in Internal Medicine conference
- Maintain current knowledge of the accreditation requirement for the residency program
- Attend additional educational related activities that are intended to improve the quality of the program
- Be actively involved in scholarly activity as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Peer reviewed funding or publication of original research in peer reviewed journal
- Review articles or chapters in textbooks
- Publication or presentation of case reports, clinical series, innovative strategies at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings
- As part of the faculty, mentor a preselected cohort of residents
- Provide semi-annual feedback and guidance in career, educational and scholarly growth.
- Provide didactic teaching in either the ambulatory or inpatient setting as asked by the Attend resident conferences, which can include Afternoon report, Morbidity and Mortality, Evidence Based medicine, board review, etc.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- At least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME- accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Maintain Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Doctorate degree in Medicine
- State of Florida Medical License
- DEA Certification
- Successful completion of Residency in Internal Medicine
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Internal Medicine faculty physician to be part of Holy Cross Hospital.
An excellent compensation and benefit package is being offered.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Holy Cross Hospital (HCH), in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. Since opening its doors in 1955, the 559-bed hospital has offered progressive services and programs to meet the evolving healthcare needs of Broward County. Today, Holy Cross has more than 600 physicians on staff representing more than 40 specialties and more than 3,000 employees. The hospital is fully accredited by the independent Joint Commission, and its medical team has earned a reputation for excellence unsurpassed in the community.
Holy Cross Hospital is now part of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida is minutes away from miles of blue waterways, soft golden sands, and gentle ocean breezes. Our diverse hotels, shopping centers, arts and entertainment, a world of golf and more await you. Plan a spa day or a day cruise.
Area museums invite you to explore acclaimed art, culture, science, and history exhibits. Meanwhile, world-class entertainment is within easy reach. For accompanying family members, the area offers endless opportunities for relaxation, recreation, and entertainment while the visiting patient takes advantage of Holy Cross Hospitals world-class medical care.
Holy Cross is conveniently located near the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International Airport and also accessible from Miami and Palm Beach International Airports. In addition, we are close to one of the busiest ports in the U.S.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 120 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
Apply on company website