Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you've experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we'll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.Job Description
The Director of Design Development will be responsible for all the phases of restaurant development from projects including conducting conceptual exploration, establishing direction and design schedules, budgets, programming and schematic design through construction. They must be highly motivated, detail oriented, creative, and organized. This person will take an ownership role as the lead on projects including conducting conceptual exploration, establishing direction and design, and ensuring successful implementation of that direction through build out. This person will engage with the VP and CEO on a strategic level; brainstorming, sketching, and verbalizing ideas and strategic directions prior to execution while working with consultants to assure projects meet high quality standards.
- Initial test fits and space plans using AutoCAD
- Develop design drawings including schematic floor plans, site plans, exterior elevations/renderings and material selections.
- Understanding of code requirements (exiting, restroom calculations, etc.)
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents
- Design presentations using AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Coordination with outside architecture and design consultants to communicate design intent
- Interior and exterior signage coordination
- Specify FFE items and coordinate outside designer's specifications
- Review Spec books for budget and lead time
- Verify quantities and layouts for correctness, standards and preferences, specify alternates when necessary
- Work with construction to make sure there is no overlap in GC provided/Owner provided items
- Stay informed on interiors specifications– changes, updates, additions, lead times
- Finding new products based on need and/or new availability
- Site visits inclusive of attending installs and construction progress meetings when applicable.
- Assist construction team with design questions as needed
- Serve as a cross-functional point of contact for store design and architecture standards
- Establishing, maintaining, and periodically reviewing and recommending changes to design standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Contribute to design project/program strategies and target objectives with directors of store development based on project goals and requirements
- Responsible to develop, manage, and maintain all store level design development documents
- Well-developed organizational and time management capability combined with a proven ability to work effectively under limited supervision
- Partners cross-functionally with other departments on special projects, pre-construction, design development, and ongoing post-construction assessment for potential change and improvements
- Balances design, function, and cost
- Excellent research and writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to prepare timely, clear and concise written reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Identify and manage risks - ensure complete transparency and proactive solutions and awareness
- Bachelor's in Project Management, Architecture or Interior Design or an equivalent in education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in a design and documentation capacity. Restaurant or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must have experience in all phases of the project from schedules, budgets,
- programming and schematic design through construction documentation and
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of project management software
- NCIDQ and LEED accreditation preferred but not required
- Knowledge of general restaurant related equipment and standard practices
- Strong understanding of industry standard building codes including ADAAG, IBC, NFPA, etc.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices a plus
- Skilled in developing and maintaining specifications
- Working knowledge of lighting
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Opportunity
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Dining Discount
- Professional Career Development and Growth Opportunities
- Fun Work Vibe
Apply on company website