Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don't expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It's also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
- Contributing to the design of our outside plant fiber optic networks in various regions, geographies and building types.
- Maintaining our various fiber plants in our GIS-based fiber maintenance system.
- Using engineering techniques and specifications, helps to create, maintain, or improve final production-ready construction design for both internal and external use.
- Preparing drawings, sketches and other graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Developing and defining optimal routes using various types of construction. (i.e. aerial, trenching, boring, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with AutoCAD is required.
- Experience with ESRI/GIS software is a plus.
- General knowledge of fiber networks is a plus.
- Ability to keep up with the latest developments and recommend the technology in the planning and design.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work hard in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to occasionally travel to the U.S. will be required.
• Bachelor of Engineering or related field is required.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
Apply on company website