Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we're the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We're doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We're a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.:
We are inviting experienced, senior software engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows' major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with internal Product Managers to define shared services' features, including technical and performance requirements.
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and meet those commitments.
- Mentor team members to modernize their development skills and processes.
- Build and launch scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
- Have substantive software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in languages like Python, Java, and Go.
- You have years of experience with web frameworks.
- Have experience with open source RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and event streaming platforms.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who's worked for an ISP.
- Someone that's familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Apply on company website