Summary: This position will perform daily accounting and contract administration tasks in support of the Oneida Indian Nation's government contracting businesses. The right candidate must have a strong accounting/bookkeeping background, while being able to read, understand, and organize all contract-related documentation and filings in preparation for audit. Equal parts accounting background and an obsessive need to stay organized are great qualities for interested applicants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately records adjusting and closing journal entries in the general ledger.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations and records any necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Completes tie-outs and reconciliations to ensure all revenue is recorded appropriately.
- Reviews contracts in order to set up monthly billing schedules.
- Submits accurately and timely the monthly invoices and completes monthly billings via the DFAS system and investigates any issues that may arise.
- Process all accounts payable invoices.
- Process bi-weekly payroll payments, including time reporting from staff, PTO management and payout as needed, employee benefit selection and input into payroll system, and direct deposit information. Answer and clarify employee questions on payroll.
- Creates and maintains general operating procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Supports external audit requests.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement; incorporating automation where possible, ensuring efficiencies and a properly controlled operational environment.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the monthly review of financial statements/budget variance reports in a timely manner.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the annual preparation of external financial statements.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the coordination of the annual financial statement audit.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the coordination with tax accountants for the annual preparation and filing of state and federal tax returns and other tax filings.
- Makes recommendations to the Accounting Manager regarding analysis completed on any account.
- Accurately and effectively completes normal job duties in a minimal amount of time and is able to assist the Accounting Manager with special projects or requests.
- Using Microsoft Sharepoint or similar repository, tracks and organizes all contract-related documentation, including proposal submissions, contract awards, and subsequent contract modifications. Tracks and organizes the same for all subcontract documentation.
- Using template documents, prepares draft subcontract agreements for management and legal review.
- Prepares Cost Volume templates and narratives explaining financial aspects for customer/client proposals in accordance with RFP/RFQ instructions.
- Follows a standard file naming convention, nomenclature and folder hierarchy for document organization within Sharepoint for easy reference and locating by other authorized users.
- Prepares and files contract-related reporting to GSA for record-keeping of contract modifications and reporting and payment of Contract Access Fees.
- Assists with record-keeping and organization for contract operations, as required.
- Assists with preparation of documents and related filings for the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- For each contract, tracks compliance of contract terms and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses incorporated into each contract.
- Desire at least Associate's Degree in Accounting
- Previous accounting clerical experience of at least 5 years.
- Previous experience and responsibility for organizing documents within a Sharepoint (or similar) environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate independence and strong problem solving skills.
- Able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. intermediate spreadsheet knowledge) and automated accounting systems.
Remarks: This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.
Apply on company website