Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Employee Relations Manager.
- Develops professional rapport with supervisors and department heads of assigned areas of responsibility. Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned departmental operations. Effectively facilitates communication between assigned departments and the Employee Relations Manager.
- Assists with the scheduling of required training for all assigned leaders. Monitors new leadership hires and promotions for assigned areas of responsibility, and schedules Employee Relations & You / Partners in Leadership meetings with the Employee Relations Manager.
- Supports departmental recruiting and selection efforts, working in partnership with Employee Relations Manager and recruiting staff to guide effective selection practices.
- Assists operating departments in aligning policies, procedures, and standards.
- Monitors departmental communications for assigned departments to ensure consistency with Nation policy.
- Maintains working knowledge of all HR functions to include pre-employment processing and licensing, benefits administration, training, and event coordination.
- Continually assesses work environment for assigned departments. Participates in department committees to help facilitate action.
- Maintains an understanding of organization design issues and budgetary guidelines.
- Processes all employee termination documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency. Communicates trends or concerns to the Employee Relations Manager.
- Creates people related metrics and HR performance indicators and makes appropriate recommendations to the Employee Relations Manager.
- Answers and screens phone calls; provides general information, takes accurate messages and/or schedules appointments as warranted.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks such as opening and sorting mail, ordering office supplies, and other special projects.
- Maintains files and documentation of employee relations matters in a confidential, organized manner.
- Regularly assists with employee events and programs as needed. Assists with the coordination and planning of employee retirement celebrations.
- Accurately enters the following data into the HRIS system: Corrective Counselings, Team Spirit data, Exit Interview feedback, Mystery Shops, weekly/quarterly activity reports, and other data entry duties as assigned.
- Schedules exit interviews and employee wage garnishment appointments for the Employee Relations Manager. Schedules other meetings and appointments for Employee Relations Managers as requested.
1. At least 3 years of experience as a Human Resource Generalist, with a focus on employee relations.
2. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
3. Excellent conflict management skills and ability to cope with sensitive situations with emotional maturity.
4. Proven knowledge of labor and employment laws.
6. Ability to accommodate an early morning, evening or weekend schedule to meet department operational needs.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
8. Must be able to adhere to strict confidentiality policy.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface and network.
10. Working knowledge of personal computers and technology including word processing, spread sheets, and Windows.
11. Knowledge of policies & procedures as they pertain to Human Resource Administration.
12. Strong math skills and analytical ability required.
13. Evaluation, assessment and decision-making skills.
14. Excellent organizational skills.
Apply on company website