Company: Turning Stone Resort Casino
Location: United States of America
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Email me to apply later
- Directs and oversees the day-to-day operation of the pastry shops/outlets to ensure the best possible service is provided to all guests and employees.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained in the performance of their job duties.
- Establishes and maintains effective and efficient departmental procedures and controls, ensuring adherence by all employees.
- Assists with managing staffing levels and scheduling to projected business volume. Manages labor costs and demonstrates scheduling practices that are fair to staff. Follows staff replacement procedures.
- Prepares menus, develops recipes, and prepares special menu items as required. Enters recipes and photos of plated food items in recipe binder.
- Ensures adherence of policies and procedures by all employees.
- Monitors fulfillment of daily orders.
- Maintain sanitation code adherence and provide 'satisfactory ratings ' in all areas of responsibility.
- Effectively delegate and execute duties given by the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility operate according to the established expectations and standards.
- Maintains budgeted food cost while ensuring exceptional quality standards and diversity of menu.
- Ensures desserts are provided based on regular guest's preferences and continuously thrives to increase return visits.
- Ensures efficiency and accurate performance standards are met by maintaining communication with all work areas to verify paperwork and inventory controls.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively oversee and supervise multiple areas.
- Effectively creates bakery goods that are well thought out and appealing to the guests.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately analyze requisitions while determining adequate quality control measures against product cost.
- Demonstrates the ability to proficiently produce mousseline, chocolate décor, sugar work, center pieces, wedding cake accessories, modern dessert presentations, Viennesse items/displays and entremets.
- Associates Degree; Culinary or bakery required.
- Must possess minimum 5 years pastry/bakery supervisory experience, 10 years preferred.
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills.
- Ability to organize/prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must possess mathematical ability; recipes costing, retail sales, budgets, etc.
- Ability to read is essential; standard forms, recipes, menus and daily paperwork.
- Must continuously communicate with a degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Kronos. Experience with Micros preferred.
- Must be able to utilize mixers, dough formers, sheeters, bakery ovens.
- ServSafe Certification required.
- Written communication skills essential; reporting, employee documentation and standard forms.
- Ability to attend training classes, trade shows and competitions to improve technical skills essential.
Position Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires constant bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, standing, walking, simple grasping, manual dexterity, reaching over the shoulder and twisting.
Apply on company website