Company: Turning Stone Resort Casino
Location: United States of America
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Email me to apply later
- Demonstrates the responsibility to consistently prepare various bakery items for all outlets, and Casino events with strong attention to detail.
- Always takes a proactive approach in ensuring that food handling/quality procedures are accurately and continuously followed and in accordance with F&B procedures.
- Always maintains constant awareness pertaining to all food products within specified restaurant dessert coolers, and ensures that food items are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
- Continually assists in maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the kitchen and bakery areas.
- Continually demonstrates knowledge and exceptional safety standards when operating various kitchen/bakery equipment.
- Consistently prepares various bakery items to meet the needs of Turning Stone's guests.
- Ability to convert and proportion recipes to suit product requirements.
- Assists with controlling food cost by ensuring proper management of product waste.
- Eliminates waste of product by using menu mix and specials to ensure food items are used to full potential.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of sanitation procedures and ensures application.
- Always follows recipe specifications to ensure consistency.
- Continually demonstrates the ability to always notify a supervisor of any foreseeable concerns or developments.
- Continually demonstrates the ability to keep work station organized and produce required quantity according to demands of station. Continually identifies, utilizes and builds knowledge base of specific culinary terms and duties per assigned outlet (i.e. poaching, dicing, etc.).
- Ensures that all hand skill techniques involving specific utensils are applied while consistently following documented safety standards.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to make decisions in a stressful environment essential.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must possess mathematical ability; recipes, etc.
- Ability to read is essential; standard forms, recipes, daily paperwork.
- Written communication skills essential; reporting and standard forms.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires constant bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, standing, walking, simple grasping, manual dexterity, reaching over the shoulder and twisting.
- Must be able to constantly lift up to 50 lbs.
Apply on company website