At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
This role has multiple levels, open to candidates with 1 to 5 years minimum experience in working in a sales, retail management, or banking environment. The successful candidate will be hired for the level of the position that aligns with their experience.
Responsible for demonstrating and ensuring all team members provide an excellent customer experience reflective of U.S. Bank culture and core values. The primary duty of this role is to lead and manage branch(es) to ensure that goals are met and to ensure compliance with all banking laws and regulations. This role will regularly coach, develop, mentor and train team members and exercise discretion with independent judgement in performing necessary duties. Responsible for utilizing effective communication and critical thinking to identify financial resources for customers and fulfill those needs by providing direction and recommendations to appropriate products and services and helping individual and business customers reach their financial goals through collaboration with partners including wealth, business banking, mortgage, or payment services. Acts as leader for customer experience, provides motivation and direction for the team, expands customer base and promotes and participates in the local market/community to identify the needs and promote U.S. Bank products and services.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of experience working in a sales, retail management, or banking environment
- Thorough product/service knowledge and thorough knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance issues
- Solid understanding of retail product philosophy, including policies, procedures, documentation, and systems
- Thorough knowledge of teller and platform functions, including but not limited to processing transactions, balancing cash, opening accounts, and sales techniques
- Effective analytical skills to evaluate credit requests, prepare budgets and determine trends in a given marketplace
- Effective interpersonal communication, leadership, relationship management, time management, sales activities management, and sales ability skills
- Ability to evaluate and resolve problems and issues with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated success in retail sales environment
- Working knowledge of employment practices including rewards and recognition, employee development, and change management
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website