At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Client Relationship Consultants build relationships with customers by meeting face to face and engaging them when and where they need to provide the best possible counsel. Strong client relationships are based on trust, assessing and attending to customers' banking needs, obtaining and processing customer and account information, educating clients on available deposit and loan products and services, and recommending financial solutions based on each customer's unique goals and needs. They are also responsible for originating and closing consumer loans, opening accounts, and opening and/or closing the branch.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of customer service experience
- One to three years of sales experience
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships with clients through proactive outreach and follow up
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with clients
- Basic knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems
- Basic knowledge of all retail products and services
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective selling and referral skills
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Experience as a banker, private client banker or universal banker is a plus
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website