Elavon (a USBank company) is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to assist the organization in building and launching an all-new AWS environment for use in new initiatives. As a member of the ATC team, you will be on the ground floor on a new AWS implementation for the company, with the opportunity to utilize your expertise to become a Cloud SME for Elavon. If you are a technologist who enjoys working on new technologies in a challenging, fast-paced environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
- Work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware
- Maintain and transform traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring.
- Design of cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS using industry best practices
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
- Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
- Assist developments teams with designing new applications with a “cloud-native” approach to application architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 year of experience with utilizing, configuring, and installing software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms
- At least 4 years of experience within a total information technology (IT) environment
- Technical experience in building infrastructure and applications for elasticity, resiliency,
and recoverability (Site Reliability Experience)
- Experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, including the use of Git to automate workflow of code from development to production.
Apply on company website