Tax Planning and Analysis is seeking a proven candidate to manage the Risk function and related processes within the Corporate Tax department. Applicants for this position will have both a strong tax background and significant knowledge over risk and control environments. The following is a list of 6 risk programs for which Tax Planning and Analysis is currently responsible:
1. Corporate Audit Services - internal audit
2. Enterprise Data Governance
3. Tool Risk Governance/Model Risk Governance
4. Self-Identified Issues
5. SOX Controls
6. Operational Controls
The selected candidate will manage the overall Risk and Control requirements for the Tax Department working closely with both Tax team members and various Risk groups to ensure current risk programs are maintained and meeting expectations along with the timely implementation covering any new programs. The ideal candidate will have significant Tax department experience covering tax compliance, tax accounting and tax processes. Additionally, direct experience with SOX, EDG and other Risk and Control programs at some level is highly desired. This includes experience in the identification and documentation of data sources, process steps, risks and controls. The ability to team and coordinate Risk requirements specific to process improvement initiatives including the implementation of new technology will also be important.
• Advise Tax department on Risk issues and programs.
• Participation with various groups within the tax department, as well as across the USB enterprise, in the application of Risk requirements for various projects.
• Management of company-wide Risk programs for the Tax Department.
• Manage audits by Corporate Audit Services, Finance Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, other US Bank Risk groups and EY.
• Facilitates discovery and understanding of Taxes' processes for the enterprise's federal and state tax returns and tax accounting, including several high-risk reports and key reports
• Develops business data flows, documentation of control and completion of control assessment for all high risk reports utilizing the SIPOC approach
• Ensures that strong controls are in place to deliver data that is fit for purpose within the business line or for assigned system of record, provisioning point or business process(s)
• Ensures Taxes' deliverables are meeting established goals according to timelines
• Supports Enterprise Data Governance Policy and Tool Risk Governance Policy to enable compliance with regulator expectation and to improve management decision making
• Create and test operational risk controls
• Assist with tax compliance as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of risk management experience
- Five or more years corporate tax experience with strong experience with managing Risk and Controls.
- Experience with SOX, EDG and other Risk programs.
- Experience with data governance and Power Designer software
- Understanding of tax compliance process and related systems/methodologies.
- Ability to work with various groups within a corporate structure including Corporate Audit Services, Finance Risk Management, Enterprise Data Governance, etc.
- Ability to manage people and projects.
- Comfortable with changing and competing demands.
- Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines
- Banking experience preferred with a background in systems and process analysis
- Experience documenting Business Process Flows preferred
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
Apply on company website