At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The Digital Platforms Financial Crimes Risk Manager is critical in supporting U.S. Bank's enterprise platform digital strategy and tactical execution.
The role reports directly to the Digital Financial Crimes Lead within the first line of defense.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to strategically frame financial crimes, KYC/CIP, fraud, authentication, and cyber-security risk controls within a customer-centric approach to optimally balance risk management and customer experience.
This role will support one or more of the Bank's digital platform teams (Authentication, Identity, KYC, Sales & Onboarding, Money Movement, etc.) and will be expected to partner closely with product owners and risk managers from across the organization to ensure strategic roadmap alignment; control inventory and documentation; issue remediation; and change management oversight.
This role will interface and collaborate with senior leaders and subject matter experts across the enterprise; including business line risk & product leaders, second Line of Defense (LOD), Fraud, Technology & Operations, Legal & Compliance, and User Experience, to strategically design and implement reusable risk management controls across customer segments and engagement channels.
The scope of risk management initiatives and responsibilities will encompass—at a minimum—regulatory risk management, product development risk oversight, and control effectiveness analysis.
This role requires a well-rounded ability to evaluate systemic controls from business, technology, fraud, and regulatory lenses.
Additional requirements include a team-first approach and keen ability to develop strong working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, highly effective communication skills with senior-level colleagues and management, and the ability to work independently with a strong bias towards action and problem solving.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving strategic risk control design and oversight in partnership with impacted business lines and platforms
- Leveraging adept executive presence to drive thought leadership and influence mutually beneficial outcomes
- Engaging business line and risk organizations in a strategic risk consultant capacity to define and implement risk control enhancements to enable best-in-class digital features and services
- Designing enhanced authentication and identity verification controls with an explicit awareness of customer experience and minimizing friction
- Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reporting & monitoring to assess control efficacy
- Developing design requirements for proof of concept work involving new authentication and identity controls (i.e., Champion-Challenger testing)
- Ongoing enhancements of business intelligence reporting, including fraud loss projections and customer experience
- Interface with other EFCC, Fraud, and similar risk groups within first and second LOD to ensure appropriate oversight of digital platform product development
- Develop and present executive-level communication associated with risk oversight initiatives
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Audit support & issue remediation
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Applicable certifications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead strategic discussions about customer experience and managing risk, fraud, operational and regulatory risks
- Thought leadership and consensus building for complex topics
- Experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to make informed business decisions
- 5+ years' experience in risk management, product development or similar role within banking, fintech, financial services, or related industry
- Experience designing, measuring and reporting product or business line KRIs and/or KPIs
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems that mitigate risk and deliver a best-in-class customer experience
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $117,385.00 - $138,100.00 - $151,910.00
Apply on company website