This dynamic senior leadership position is a critical partner to the Elavon and Payments Risk divisional senior and executive leaders and the Second and Third Lines of Defense.
- Overseeing the successful creation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective risk management framework.
- Accountable for projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Identifying gaps and drives solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors.
- The active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate. Influences policies and procedures to maximize profit potential and minimize regulatory exposure.
- Leading and directing the Elavon risk team to maintain domestic compliance regulations, while meeting the requirements of all compliance policies, ensuring the business operations within all operational policies, and all other portions of our risk management framework.
- Communicating regulatory and compliance changes for products, working directly with the respective business teams to create and maintain a comprehensive risk assessment of all products.
- Providing the most senior oversight related to business line risk across Elavon through deep business line engagement and monitoring while maintaining a risk framework that addresses all regulatory, operational, reputational, and contractual risks.
- Developing and implementing action plans for timely issue resolutions and projects. Partner with assigned teams to provide a risk assessment on all proposed products and services.
- Establishing and overseeing controls and reporting tools to comply with all regulatory requirements, timely distribution and communication of divisional risk compliance dashboards.
- In collaboration with risk functional partners, updating, overseeing, and incorporating all policies and training materials for current and new products. Assist in tracking and monitoring the resolution of all examination and audit deficiencies, exceptions, and recommendations.
- Anticipating, understanding and preparing for changes in the regulatory environment ensuring minimal business impact.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services,
and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Considerable knowledge of the business line's operations, products/services,
systems, and associated risks/controls
- Expert knowledge of risk, compliance, audit competencies
- Exceptional leadership and management skills of processes, projects and
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, analytical,
problem-solving, persuasion skills, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, using a variety of software packages including
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Apply on company website