At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
This a Senior Software engineer - Data Infrastructure Engineering role within the data and digital engineering organization at US bank. Data and digital are critical to transform US bank business success. UDAIP is US Bank next generation cloud-based data and AI platform to enable data success cross business units within the company. At high level, UDAIP success includes industry leading hybrid cloud infrastructure, cutting edge data capabilities with leverage of many open source technologies, successful migration of existing business critical data solution onto UDAIP, and ensure ultimate end user success cross the company.
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Design, write and build tools to improve the reliability, latency, availability and scalability of US Bank UDAIP next generation cloud platform
- Define, drive adoption and enforcement of service level objectives at both service and experience levels
- Influence, design and create new architectures, standards and methods for large-scale enterprise systems
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
- Experience in managing and scaling distributed systems in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment
- Advise design reviews, operational reviews, and the deployment of highly available infrastructure.
- Make monitoring and alerting meaningful to support our uptime goals.
- Operate and maintain infrastructure both on-premises and in multiple public clouds
- Experience with deploying, supporting and monitoring new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Experience with scale testing, disaster recovery, and capacity planning
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Cloud operations experience with a SaaS product in a large scale 24x7 production environment.
- Manage, innovate and create programs, new software, analytics that drive improvements to the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of USBank Applications and services.
- The ability to design, author, and release code in languages like Go, Python or Java
- Demonstrated success in leveraging open source technology to implement successful business critical data solution
- Insightful background and experience about various modern bigdata technologies including but not limited to Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Presto, Druid etc.
- Strong background in databases and data storage technologies including Relational databases, NoSQL databases, columnar databases, key/value stores, etc.
- Demonstrated working experience in security protocol, encryption, data privacy/compliance etc.
- Familiarity with open-source software development and community
- Familiarity of AI/ML model development for process of model deployment
- Proven experience in programming language and operating system e.g. Unix/Linux
- Ability to coordinate and manage incident response
- Automate tasks and processes with open source tools
- Skills in defining and instrumenting SLOs and SLIs
- Familiarity with ELK, Prometheus, Open Telemetry, Jaeger, Graphite, or any other widely used observability tools.
- Experience with Chaos Engineering practices
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Service Mesh(Istio), Terraform, Vault, GKE
- Cloud native application development in Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (Git/GitHub, GitOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE, Production or Systems Engineer
Nice to Have
- 3 to 5+ years maintaining and operating data platforms, data pipelines, data assets
- Experience with ETL scheduling and dependency management (eg Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi)
- Know-how with Big Data cluster creation and monitoring (eg Spark, EMR, Databricks)
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website