U.S. Bank is currently seeking an Operations Leader who will provide comprehensive leadership and support to our 24-Hour Banking Contact Center unit. Additional responsibilities include:
• Provides strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides front line leaders and employees to effectively deliver customer loyalty and employee engagement;
• Fosters an inclusive culture that promotes teamwork, recognizes performance, and appreciates effort;
• Promotes a rich coaching and development culture while building employee engagement and accountability;
• Leads business performance through organizational development and workforce planning initiatives;
• Enables front line leaders to meet and exceed business objectives;
• Manages change and drives the business strategy;
• Builds a talent pipeline through succession planning, talent assessment, and development;
• Maximizes employee performance and advocates for career development;
• Collaborates with internal and external partners to analyze operational trends and act to achieve high performance;
• Engages in, and supports, business strategy;
• Promotes an innovative culture to advance customer loyalty and employee engagement;
• Builds relationships and works with line managers to clarify strategy, manage talent, create value-added organizational capabilities, and deliver supporting HR strategies;
• Creates, leads and supports processes that enable business outcomes;
• Takes balanced risks;
• Drives accountability for ethical behavior, inclusion, and fair treatment in support of our culture.
1. Creating the Employee Value Proposition: Supports corporate cultural initiatives designed to position us as an employer of choice, such as recognition programs, engagement surveys, leadership branding strategies, community involvement, etc.
2. Organizational Design and Development: Effectively diagnoses organization issues and identifies and implements appropriate solutions; coaches leaders on improving individual, team, and organizational capabilities; and provides solutions, such as organizational design, team alignment, strategic planning, process improvement, change management, coaching, leadership development, retention, and engagement strategies.
3. Cultural Leadership: Establishes an inclusive environment that encourages maximum individual and team effectiveness; provides strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops and guides employees to effectively deliver upon customer loyalty and employee engagement; promotes a strong coaching and development culture.
4. Contact Center Analytics: Analyzes data and generates conclusions and recommendations for action; utilizes people and business data to consult with business leaders and address structural, performance, organizational, and leadership issues that impact employee engagement and customer loyalty; and identifies actions that will have a measurable, positive impact on business results.
5. Project Management: Manages projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed-upon success criteria) by establishing clear goals and accountabilities; develops project plans and allocates resources; collaborates with operational support teams, business line partners and other internal business lines; and identifies potential issues/risks and develops contingency plans.
6. Talent Acquisition: Delivers upon a strategic talent mindset among all hiring managers within the business unit; proactively assists hiring managers in establishing a robust, diverse bench of candidates by interviewing and recommending talent whose skills and competencies meet the hiring profile for applicable positions; assists in strategic assessment of talent needs and develops plans that allow those needs to be met; Ensures that processes are in place to orient and train new hires/transfers so as to accelerate individual effectiveness, productivity, and integration into the new department.
7. Talent Management: Embed talent and performance management practices into business planning; ensures talent management and organizational capabilities are aligned with business needs; supports line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline and ensuring accountability for high performance, including both succession and performance processes; provides coaching on annual review processes and leading performance; and participates in talent reviews to identify and grow high potentials and identifies successors for critical positions.
1. Analyze Issues and Generate Smart Solutions: Analyzes situations to create smart solutions and predict impact; gathers and integrates information from different sources; and focuses on the quality and accuracy of information.
2. Demonstrate Business Acumen: Understands the business, industry and organization structure, as well as the customers and services that maximize customer loyalty within a contact center; and demonstrates an understanding of customer satisfaction and contact center indicators and trends and how business line activities relate to the success of the business.
3. Drive for Results: Sets clear and high expectations for performance; demonstrates a sense of urgency and optimism; takes ownership and shows a strong commitment to achieving results; and overcomes obstacles and remains productive even under pressure.
4. Influence Others: Clearly communicates how colleagues contribute to the goals of the team and the organization; actively motivates others; explains ideas in ways that get support from key stakeholders; and presents perspectives that are mindful of others' motivations and concerns.
5. Lead with Courage: Addresses difficult issues and deals with problems head-on; does what's right to achieve success despite personal preference; takes decisive but well-rounded action in high-pressure situations; challenges ineffective processes and the status quo.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Eight or more years of operations and/or customer service experience in the financial services industry
• Two or more years of supervisory/management experience
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of contact center operations and human resources
• Proven track record in customer experience transformation
Proven track record of:
• Building and leading high performing teams;
• Demonstrated leadership through a coaching and accountability culture;
• Establishing professional development and mentoring plans for employees;
• Establishing and measuring key results that focus effort and drive results for continuous improvement;
• Balancing a process, policy and procedure-oriented mindset with agility and resilience for continuous learning and improvement
Apply on company website