At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced Product Manager with strong technical, influential, and leadership abilities to help drive the success of our enterprise technology initiatives. This role will focus on enablement of our engineering community, particularly around cloud migration and scaling of DevSecOps, CI/CD, Testing tools, and Infrastructure.
The Product Manager will engage with key stakeholders to define, document, and prioritize features and collaborate with multiple agile scrum teams. They will drive strategic vision, priorities, and the roadmap for the developer platform. They will also influence detailed functionality, user experience, and tradeoffs across platform teams. The Product Manager acts as a business engineer rationalizing the use of data, changes to supported processes, and bridging sprints to meet needs of both customers and end users.
- Own the creation of the DevSecOps product / platform vision and roadmap in partnership with Engineering teams, UX/design teams and business stakeholders
- Drive the execution of the roadmap that enables engineering teams across the bank's core and digital ecosystems which includes our full consumer and corporate technology stacks
- Work closely with senior technology and business leaders to identify company-wide priorities that drive priorities for platform features. Coordinate priorities across platform teams
- Work closely with individual engineering teams and product owners to provide feedback and initiate feature requests; work closely with the engineering team to ensure that product requirements are understood
- Understand larger Digital architecture and technology vision and define how the platform needs to evolve to support thousands of developers and millions of users around the world
- Manage technical considerations, working closely with engineering team to deliver elegant, generalizable solutions to complex problems
- Work within an agile development framework by defining product features, user stories, prioritizing work in sprints and across the quarter, as well as participate in cross team and leadership retrospectives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years of related experience in product management
- At least 2 years of relevant management or leadership experience
- 3 or more years of experience working on technology platforms, microservice architectures, or cloud/SaaS products
- Strong product management design and/or development skills
- Prior experience with scalable frontend and backend technology stacks
- Experience working as an engineer or product manager on complex distributed systems, ideally inclusive of microservice architectures
- Understanding of different components of the technology stack for a cloud-based application
- Knowledge of open-source technologies relevant to modern web, mobile and microservice standards/best practices
- Strong knowledge of technical product/program development, implementation and strategic analysis
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial and competitive analysis, ROI calculations, and technical skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website