U.S. Bank is seeking a candidate to execute Quality Assurance testing activities within the Strategy, HR, Corporate Affairs business line. Key roles and responsibilities include working with the Business Line, QA Manager(s) and SHRCA risk management team to help review and oversee an effective risk management framework. The Analyst is responsible for test execution within business processes that confirm compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is responsible for the identification of control weaknesses through testing activities. Further, the Analyst is responsible for effective verbal communication of testing results to QA Managers or Senior Risk Managers and for responding to and/or escalating material risks as appropriate.
Responsibilities related to this position include but not limited to:
• Under direction of QA Manager(s), the analyst is responsible for the execution of testing activities that include planning, assessment of risks, test execution, completing of work papers, exception vetting, and verbal and written communications, all in accordance Business Line Quality Assurance policy.
• For testing activities, the Analyst is responsible for assisting in completing assigned planning activities, including identifying and analyzing business processes, risks and controls to help determine the overall objective and scope. Completing testing that effectively assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, as well as confirms compliance with regulatory requirements. Compiling work papers that effectively document completion of test steps, including objectives, findings, issues and conclusions.
• Works with other key stakeholders related to the tests, including business line, QA managers, SHRCA risk managers, and SHRCA senior risk managers, as well as the second line risk organization.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of applicable experience
• Testing and/or audit experience in a financial services environment
• General knowledge and experience testing/reviewing controls, procedures and other compliance related considerations.
• Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
• Understanding of the business line's operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
• Knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
• Problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Project management, problem resolution and customer service skills
• Interpersonal, logical reasoning, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Apply on company website