At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Corporate Treasury is a division within the CFO group where part of their responsibility is to provide executive management with accurate, timely, and comprehensive forecasts of the balance sheet and net interest income (NII). Another critical Treasury function is the measurement and analysis of Interest Rate Risk (IRR) using various methods. This information provides the framework that allows the company to position its balance sheet consistent with its risk appetite and expectations for changes in interest rates. Corporate Treasury's Strategic Asset & Liability Modeling group supports these efforts by developing quantitative methodologies and models used in a variety of macroeconomic forecast environments.
Corporate Treasury's Strategic Asset & Liability Modeling group is seeking a strong, decisive, result-oriented contributor who will be responsible for creating, validating, testing, documenting, implementing, and/or overseeing usage of complex statistical models. The models may cover a variety of products or services, however, all models are used as part of the financial decision making process. Specific results focus on documenting the creation and/or testing of advanced statistical models and communicating such models to stakeholders within the Bank. Deliverables include the creation of model development and/or validation documentation such as: presentations, written reports, model or reporting code documentation, business requirements, monitoring reports and related code, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, and four to six years of experience in statistical modeling OR
- Master's degree in a quantitative field, and less than four years of experience in statistical modeling
- Advanced understanding of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that affect assigned line of business
- Strong statistical modeling background based on technical training or advanced education in a quantitative field
- Non-contractual loan balance modeling experience
- Loan prepayment and default modeling experience
- Thorough knowledge of various regression techniques, parametric and non-parametric algorithms, times series techniques, and other statistical models, various model validation tests/methodologies, using Python, R, SAS or similar statistical package
- Has led and managed all phases of large complex model development, validation, or oversight project from beginning to end
- Strong data compilation, programming skills and qualitative analysis skills, good working knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches
- Experience with interest rate risk and comprehensive capital risk
- Demonstrated independence, team work and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website