At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Product Manager Real Time Payments
The Real Time Payments (RTP) Product Manager will report to the RTP Principal Product Manager. They will be responsible for developing vision and associated roadmap to deploy Real Time Payments across U.S. Bank. The person in this role will lead a team to visualize, strategize, prioritize, implement, and measure our impact and growth of Money Movement Platform, to maximize platform and product value to the bank.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Knowledge of Real Time Payments messaging formats and architecture
- Knowledge in core payment processing modules like transaction processing, parsing, validations, rule engines, charges, account postings, settlement, payment routing, message formatters, and status messages
- Integration of the payment hubs with core banking systems, fraud and risk systems, sanctions screening, and money movement rails (TCH, FedNow etc.,)
- Ability to lead a development team in an agile environment to deliver roadmap and products from initial concept through to deployment and into production operation.
- Owns, writes, refines, and prioritizes the product backlog.
- Partner with capability managers, delivery managers, architects, scrum masters, business lines and other product managers to evangelize the best solutions and facilitate execution across various stakeholders.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain cross-departmental communication about how product work is prioritized and managed, as well as how key metrics are performing.
- Articulates and resolves the trade-off between conflicting KPIs (e.g. timeline vs. risk).
- Work collaboratively across BLs / Functions to define, sequence, and execute the Money Movement Platform roadmap.
- Advocates and embodies customer-obsession resulting in simple, frictionless, & innovative products/experiences.
- Presents persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by integrating analytics to drive innovative experiences for customers that have a positive impact on business results.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5 – 8 years of product management experience
- Deep domain knowledge of Money Movements (Wire/ACH/Check/RTP)
- Deep domain knowledge of Real Time Money Movements (TCH, FedNow)
- Considerable experience with product development in an Agile environment
- Extensive product/program development, implementation and strategic analysis experience within a matrixed environment
- Thorough knowledge of competitive market, operations and various products and services within financial services or other direct to consumer industries
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial and competitive analysis skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website