Consumer and Business Banking's risk function (CBB Risk) collaborates with key business unit, other CBB Risk, and Second Line of Defense (SLOD) partners to identify, measure, monitor, and control Compliance Risk. The team proactively provides support and guidance for compliance-related questions and concerns and serves as a business champion when interacting with SLOD partners, auditors, and regulators.
For key high-risk Federal Compliance Regulations, such as Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act – Regulation X, Truth in Lending Act – Regulation Z, Fair Credit Reporting Act – Regulation V, Equal Credit Opportunity Act – Regulation B, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Electronic Fund Transfer Act – Regulation E, Flood Disaster Protection Act, and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, this team performs risk oversight and monitoring routines to proactively identify emerging risks and verify ongoing compliance. Significant focus is placed on evaluating the controls listed in the Enterprise Compliance Risk Assessment (ECRA) to determine whether the risks are properly mitigated.
Ideal candidate is expected to have a strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of Federal Compliance Regulations. For assigned regulations, the team is expected to develop and maintain a strong understanding of the associated processes and controls in place to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Professional certifications (CRCM) or Regulatory Agency experience preferred
- Requires an advanced-level knowledge and understanding of:
- Applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends for Federal Compliance Regulations, such as the rules listed above
- Control identification and evaluation activities to determine whether the control suite properly mitigates the associated Compliance Risk
- Business line's operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Risk management, Compliance Risk, and audit competencies
- Excellent presentation, relationship building, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Must possess business acumen and credibility to build productive relationships with partners
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
Apply on company website