At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Database Engineer:
- Provide guidance to Database Product Owners and their respective technologies.
- Aid in cloud/on-prem strategy for open source RDBMS (preferably PostgreSQL) and NoSQL platforms.
- Consult on risk controls and evidence, interface with internal and external auditors.
- Provide primary support for PostgreSQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Troubleshoot database service outages as they occur, escalate as appropriate.
- Participate in on-call rotation with weekend on-call support.
- Design, build, and support new PostgreSQL environments.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including resource recommendations, server configuration changes, or index/query changes etc.
- Configure monitoring tools using Shell Scripting and other technologies.
- Ensure data is protected and backed up to meet business' RPO and RTO and ensuring all the data compliance with legal regulations
- Analyze existing Oracle DB environments for potential migration to - PostgreSQL.
- Document database environments, create step-by-step troubleshooting documentation for common issues
- Drive improvements in both process and database performance, incorporate risk reduction strategies.
-Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
- Five to seven years of open source RDMBS experience with PostgreSQL.
- Three to five years of NoSQL/BigData Experience, including technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, HBASE.
- Three to five years of experience with Cloud, preferably with AWS or GCP.
- Strong understanding of database technologies, terminologies, industry trends, and development demands.
- Experience with industry standard automation tools. Ansible experience a plus.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and react to changing user demands.
- Use of Shell/Python to automate installation and configuration of new servers.
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL HA set up, replication and auto failover.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Aptitude for learning new things.
- Project management and reporting.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective in networking and building relationships across business lines, technology teams, and finance.
- Proven Team player
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $92,735.00 - $109,100.00 - $120,010.00
Apply on company website