U.S. Bank is seeking an accomplished Senior Engineer Manager with extensive experience leading complex projects and teams to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Candidates will provide a combination of technical and business leadership while being the primary trusted and capable owner of one or more high priority, high visibility, complex focused initiatives that typically cross multiple technology and business line areas. Will typically have a small number of direct reports (e.g., an architect, systems analyst, etc.) and provide guidance to a larger community including affected systems, program management, and test leadership.
• Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
• Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
• Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
• Champion the refresh of bank standards and methods using learnings from program delivery, SMEs and industry changes.
• Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
• Develops and communicates program visons and roadmaps.
• Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
• Appropriately governs program technology and engineering dimensions.
• Manage multiple development projects, development groups, and application support functions for multiple business lines or a major business segment.
• Direct and lead strategic architecture direction for critical applications and platforms.
• Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff to maximize their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Oversee the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
• Partner with business line and Technology Operation Services senior management to oversee or develop and implement technology plans and strategies.
• Interface with senior management to ensure application systems and projects are meeting or exceeding their expectations.
• Monitor and improve quality and ensure 'best practice' development techniques.
• Responsible for the planning, development, and control of large, aggregate budgets.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for management of 5-10 direct reports with additional project responsibilities that involve significant interaction with personnel in other functional areas and business lines. Project responsibilities include the implementation of new or revised digital banking software applications and the production support of existing software and infrastructures. Successful candidate will be able to:
- provide input into wider organizational staffing and strategy decisions
- support organizational standards and legal compliance requirements
- mold staff into a unified team that drives toward common goals
- champion growth in maturity of software development, deployment and associated cost estimation processes and execution
- drive team to greater predictability, productivity and quality
Communicate with impact
- build credibility and confidence with peers, executive management and customers
- provide increased transparency to all stakeholders regarding work processes and progress
- develop cooperative and productive relationships across the organization
Deliver executional excellence
- enhance application stability, performance and functionality
- plan, direct and manage staff structures, deliverables, budgets, and projects
- lead with integrity, vision, decisiveness and optimism
- demonstrate resilience and maturity in solving people, process and project issues
- proactively address performance concerns, propose initiatives, and anticipate problems and corresponding solutions
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, engineering, computer science, mathematics, any science, or equivalent work experience
- Eight or more years of experience in delivering software-based solutions
- Strong technology architecture skills, currency with technology industry, demonstrated success in delivering complex software-based solutions.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- IT service and project management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Information management
- Application development tools
- Agile and DevOps
- Java and/or .NET development
- IT Architecture and Application delivery process
- Experience in the Financial Industry
- Information Technology environment, standards, procedures, policy, implementation and systems management
Apply on company website