At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
What you will do:
Mobile banking team is responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences.
Key Accountability for the API Development:
- Hire, develop and lead a team of API engineers with a range of expertise including design, coding, and deployment.
- Demonstrate a creativity and innovation in building API solutions that match rapidly changing business line need.
- Continuously drive and enforce technical process improvements.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading, coaching, and mentoring a team.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of different audiences.
- Must be capable of making architectural and design choices
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience withAPI development and delivery, solution architecture, application design, Expertise in Java/Java EE and web-based applications and services.
- 5+ years of experience/expertise in large scale customer facing enterprise Java applications using Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot Frameworks, GraphQL, Object Relational Mapping (ORM), Java EE Design Patterns, JMS/Kafka, Webservices, relational database, NoSQL cloud supported databases (like Mongo DB / Cassandra preferred)
- 4+ years of experience – Designing API (Domain Driven Design) & Microservices architecture/design/implementation
- 4+ years of experience in managing agile/scrum engineer teams in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Demonstrated maturity and resilience in resolving people, process, and project issues.
- Cloud native application development in Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (Git/GitHub, CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience documenting and testing API's using tools like Swagger, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, etc.
- Test capability SOAUPUI, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies
- Extensive knowledge in system integration and business process modeling
- Good knowledge/exposure working with rich web apps built using frameworks like Angular, React or Vue.js
- Superior understanding of the enterprise architectural blueprint requirements and the impact on business functions
- Extensive experience maintaining and distributing internal component libraries.
- Expertise in web accessibility specifically WCAG standards.
- Experience in the application security and OWASP principles.
- Understanding of Authentication/Authorization, Webservices Security, Certificates and Web Protocols.
- Experience in improving operating performance of existing systems and development practices.
- Experience in financial/banking domain.
- Experiences in Product and vendor evaluation, Information management, IT standards, procedures and polices, Change control & Release management
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
Apply on company website