At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Do you have a passion for implementing scalable software solutions and API that leverage next generation technologies? We at U.S. Bank are seeking a Lead API Software Engineer to lead and deliver game-changing experience microservice based API solutions. We are seeking a Developer Evangelist that has a broad understanding of technology, and a strong background in software engineering and how it can be applied to move business solutions forward.
About the Team
U.S. Bank Open Banking API team contributes significantly to enabling bank's functional capabilities as APIs to Fintech and Third-Party Providers. Our APIs follow financial standards like FDX, PSD2 and Open API security. The top challenges for the team are delivering APIs for our rapidly evolving product, balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the design to handle economies of scale to the growing need of Financial Institution Open Banking APIs.
-Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating and maintaining products, following architectural and coding standards.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors.
-Responsible for creating and executing production-readiness checklist.
- Consistently considers best practice when designing APIs and applies applicable patterns across several contexts/codebases, in accordance to agreed best practices and standards. Regularly designs code that fits with the overall architecture.
- Uses systematic debugging to diagnose cross service issues and is adept at using a range of tools to detect when there is an incident and raises this with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership of incidents which fall in their domain and may be involved in the resolution of an incident or provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Performs code reviews with the lens of quality and value - code quality, acceptance criteria, business logic, test coverage and aligned to overall architecture. Highlights any issues with a code review that might result in release complications. Proactive in evaluating code reviews in the team and resolving open code reviews in a timely manner.
- Understands their team's testing approach and uses quality metrics to identify gaps. Works with their team to recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid.
- Approaches design and implementation with a security lens and actively looks for vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing code reviews. Is aware of the organization's monitoring philosophy and skilled with the monitoring tools. Helps tune and change the monitoring on their team accordingly.
- Develops techniques on effective coaching strategies for different individuals. Seeks out mentoring opportunities specifically to increase knowledge in parts of the system that is not well understood. Supports and advocates others and provides tools to help them grow their understanding a technical topic.
- Actively participates and understands Scrum while developing a point of view on an effective software delivery process.
- Responsible for detailed design documents. Excellent communication and writing skills needed.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to six years of relevant experience
10+ years of experience in design, development and triaging for large, complex systems. Experience in Java and object-oriented design skills
6+ years of microservices patterns and development
3+ years working in Spring Boot
Hands on experience in building microservices based application using Spring Boot and REST/JSON
Experienced using API dev tools like IntelliJ/Eclipse, Postman, Git, Cucumber
Experience using CICD processes for application software integration and deployment using Maven, Git, Jenkins.
DevOps understanding – containers, cloud, automation, security, configuration management, CI/CD
Experience with Web API, gRPC and GraphQL architecture
Experience in streaming technologies like Apache Kafka
Experience dealing with NoSQL databases like Cassandra
Experience building scalable and resilient applications in private or public cloud environments and cloud technologies
Experience in Utilizing tools such as Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Jenkins
Agile Software Development (typically Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
Experience with API gateway and API security.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website