At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join and help lead our Java Cloud IT team. You will be responsible for the server side of our web applications, building REST API's to support enterprise solutions where scalability, performance, and reliability are critical to our mission success.
In this exciting role you will be leading the effort as a contributor to core services including metadata storage, control plane engineering, provenance, authorization, and building tools to support schema-driven API logic, etc. for the Data & AI/ML platform.
If you have excellent programming skills, enjoy a good challenge, and have a passion for developing quality applications, improving existing ones, and helping U.S. Bank drive cloud adoption, we would like to meet you.
• Deliver back end software products supporting the Bank's Data and AI/ML platform as part of an agile engineering team
• Drive the release planning and execution with end-to-end understanding and insights (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features.
• Develop high-quality code, define best engineering practice, perform peer code reviews to ensure successful deliverable with engineering excellence.
• Interact with our business and product teams to understand strategic challenges
• Participate in architecture and design reviews of advanced data & AI/ML software including high quality API's and cloud services
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in software development or data science
- Candidates with specialization in back-end services & API
- Demonstrated ability to tackle tough coding challenges independently, work closely with others on a highly productive coding team, and mentor other engineers
- Ability to communicate complex technology problems to non-engineering audiences
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and developing other resources.
- Enjoys taking responsibility and leading.
- Expertise with open stack technologies to implement Microservices, have prior experience in working with Spring Boot, Kafka, PostgreSQL and/or Graph DB's technologies
- Expertise with unit testing and integration testing
- Exceptional technical expertise in architectural design, development and implementation with specialization in multiple technology disciplines, platforms and applications
- Extensive knowledge in system integration and business process modeling
- Superior understanding of the enterprise architectural blueprint requirements and the impact on business functions
- Considerable technical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of Private and Public Cloud Architectures
- Excellent verbal and written com
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website