U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Microsoft Desktop Systems Engineer to provide senior-level technical troubleshooting and problem management of systemic and challenging workstation issues. Directs or recommends enhancements for system performance, reliability, scalability, and capacity. Subject matter expert in multiple hardware and software platforms. Troubleshoots, resolves, and recommends improvement for systems, network, and security problems at an advanced level across multiple/converged technology solutions, services, and platforms. Creates, directs, and leads technical team efforts for performance improvement, expansion, and procedures across multiple/converged services and platforms. Works effectively with all technical disciplines and senior management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Mentor junior members of troubleshooting team
- Drive improvements in workstation system reliability and performance
- Use performance monitoring tools to proactively resolve problematic processes
- Identify and develop solutions for technical issues or configurations causing a suboptimal workstation experience for employees/users
- Automate means of finding problem areas within workstation health and performance, as needed, and resolutions
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
-Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
-At least 10 years experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
Subject matter expert in:
Extensive experience in:
- Requires deep understanding of MS Windows, Office, application interactions, services, processes, memory and crash dump diagnostics, network traces, login workflow, authentication issues, startup & login scripts, Group Policy Objects, security tools, and file system knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows Defender, BitLocker, and McAfee strongly preferred
-H/W installation and support
-Contingency and disaster recovery
-System and technical integration
-IT industry trends and direction
-IT standards, procedures, policy
-System software infrastructure
-Performance measures and tuning
Apply on company website