U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Testing Manager to lead the User Acceptance Testing organization supporting Mortgage Loan Retail Sales and Operations. This individual will also be responsible for working in collaboration with the Test Leads supporting the Home Experience Agile Studio and QA Testing within technology. This role serves as the connection between development and deployment to the business; ensuring alignment with business, operations, and technology; and seeks to transform the organization with a focus on a detailed testing regime that yields a best in class testing program. This individual is also responsible for developing and managing a best in class test team and will be responsible for User Acceptance Testing across all Mortgage Retail release content. Position requires the ability to analyze and estimate capacity needs in order to ensure standard testing practices are followed.
The Senior Testing Manager is recognized within the company as an expert at the highest level, acting as an internal consultant providing guidance on the most complex projects and planning the work of others in order to meet project deadlines. From a testing perspective, individual maintains a high awareness of the industry and current technology; and often introduces new technology or improvements to existing technology. Typically supports the most complex projects that improve the efficiency of the business line. Directs the preparation of documentation needed for the determination of project priorities and scheduling and provides critical input into the development of the overall project/release budget under management's review. Conducts formal presentations to management as needed.
This role requires a thorough understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and testing processes and management of their use. The Senior Testing Manager frequently interfaces with the business line, including executive level management; and/or internal resources to ensure quality and timeliness through PLM and testing of all project/release work.
Job Duties include:
- Develops and shapes the implementation and overall support of business initiatives, in alignment with strategic direction.
- Typically oversees a group of related projects in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available if managed separately.
- Understands the business ""as is"" and helps envision the future ""should be"".
- Understands the overall environment – the make-up of the organization and interdependencies as it relates to moving change through the lifecycle. Generally, how the different functional areas fit together and how work and projects get done.
- Works with project owners, business operation and testing partners to understand success criteria and develop appropriate test strategy to support.
- Takes the high level idea and performs analysis and research, leading to development of conceptual approaches against testing.
- Collaborates with other functional areas to drive the overall testing approaches employed.
- Ensures seamless implementation and accomplishment of program/project objectives.
- Manages cross-project interdependencies and efficiency.
- Acquires needed business and IT resources.
- Ensures program testing objectives are met.
- Reviews project plans and timelines to ensure testing plans are aligned.
- Escalation point for timely problem resolution; manages high-level escalation as necessary.
- Performs overall program budget and cost benefit analysis from a testing perspective.
- Mentors, coaches and guides the Testing team, ensuring bench strength and continual development of staff.
- Conducts the performance appraisals of test team members.
- Establishes and maintains clean communications with all partners, including business Project Managers, Analysts and technology QA teams.
- Ensures effective reporting to all levels of management.
- Informs and influences establishment of testing methodology, processes and templates within the Change Management Organization (CMO).
- Maintains capacity of testing resources; ensures accurate data reporting by testing team and utilizes Daptiv reporting to manage and drive changes to planned staffing levels.
• Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience in project management activities
• An in-depth level of knowledge of mortgage is preferred and a general to thorough level of knowledge of specific Retail mortgage business line or functional area is desired
• Very good at removing problems and impediments, continuously challenging the status quo, and ensuring a quality testing program
• Work independently with limited guidance
• Extensive interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Excellent leadership and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
Apply on company website