At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Talent Consultants are responsible for enabling our leadership teams in driving the strategy, culture, and core values of a business line and the organization through talent strategies, practices, and programs. Talent Consultants are drivers of talent, culture and manager effectiveness and are responsible for leading and executing the enterprise talent strategy, leveraging talent, learning and development, recruiting, retention, engagement and organizational development strategies. The Talent Consultant will partner with Human Resource Centers of Excellence (COEs), Employee Services, and HR Strategy and Operations to plan and execute their charter.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Build trusted partnerships within the business through consultative and collaborative efforts to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR programs and services that support development of organizational and talent capabilities.
- Consult with business leaders to drive success of business priorities by designing, developing, and executing talent initiatives, strategies, and culture in alignment with the overarching talent and culture strategies for U.S. Bank.
- Foster a digital literacy mindset, with the ability to appropriately access, evaluate and use information, to effectively communicate with all audiences.
- Drive and advocate the business specific talent and culture agenda, including succession planning, leadership development, and learning, while nurturing a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to create a talent pool and next generation of leaders in full alignment with the broad enterprise agenda.
- Act as a change leader by creating, understanding, and executing change management efforts through business, cultural and organization shifts.
- Lead and influence using workforce data and predictive analytics for improved decision making that supports respective business metrics and objectives.
- Be an expert-level human capital consultant to the business, providing guidance, advisory support, and make recommendations on the organizational and operating models, organizational structure, talent engagement strategies, and recognition systems used to support strategic business objectives.
- Develop and implement effective workforce planning techniques by proactively analyzing, forecasting, and planning workforce needs, and determining appropriate talent management interventions.
- Fully leverage the core capabilities, services and products of the HR Services, HR Strategy and Operations, and COEs to provide a broad range of HR support that include talent management, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Assess and manage risk while considering the objectives and goals of the business.
- Demonstrate high-levels of facilitation skills in consulting with the business, effectively addressing difficult situations with executive savvy; takes decisive and well-rounded action in high-pressure situations; solution focused to improve ineffective processes.
- Drive simplicity in everything we do.
- Business Acumen - Understands the business; demonstrates financial acumen and industry knowledge.
- Commercial Mindset – Deep understanding of market trends, ecosystems of our industry/Business Line and emerging multi-industry themes.
- Agile HR Expertise – Advanced knowledge and understanding of HR disciplines/COEs and operational inner workings.
- Talent Leadership Acumen – Facilitate and guide solutions to enable the business to achieve its strategic objectives through the acquisition, retention and development of talent. Bring insights adaptability and cost/expense awareness on the business.
- Data Analytics – Interpret data/analytics and create actionable plans based upon insights.
- Visionary Leadership – Stewards of the culture. Leads through ambiguity, navigates and removes barriers, agile, engages in continuous learning to be aware of emerging trends and best practices.
- Collaboration & teamwork – Works closely with peer group and broader organization to deliver excellence. While highly collaborative in style, drives results with purpose, speed, and agility, delivering against business specific needs, while championing a broader One U.S. Bank approach.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ten plus years of HR, business, or managerial experience.
- Experience supporting digital and/or technology groups (engineers, product , and/or analysts).
- Business and HR leader with progressive experience working at both a strategic and executional level, consulting with executive level leaders, and operating in a matrix-based environment.
- Proven history of leading and/or influencing teams through transformational change.
- Capability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, recognize trends and recommend action.
- Result orientated, ability to recognize needs, solve problems, anticipate issues, and develop employee centric solutions using strong analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Proven track-record in thinking strategically company-wide, analyze, and proactively respond to changing business needs and objectives, while considering HR implications of strategic decisions.
- Experience in building effective relationships and credibility across a broad range of client groups.
- Experience in leading largescale programs and projects from discovery, design and governance to delivery.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders and presenting to senior leaders.
- Proven track-record of demonstrating a balance of strategy and hands-on execution.
- Proven ability to make sense out of complex situations, have intellectual curiosity, outcome driven, calculated risk taking and courageous mindset.
- Proven record of building or influencing a team to deliver results to the business or persuading a business to grow teams.
- Experience in providing work direction, coaching, and guidance to direct reports, other HR professionals and administrative staff, as applicable.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website