This position will report to U.S. Bancorp's Fair and Responsible Banking Division (FRBD) and support the Bank's Translation Governance program. The Translation Governance Compliance Manager will provide subject matter expertise on various banking compliance laws and requirements, with an emphasis on consumer protection as it applies to serving the limited English proficiency consumer segment. This position carries Corporate Compliance responsibilities for domestic compliance risk management and oversight including fair lending and Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) subject matter. A key role for this position is being able to review, identify and advise the Company concerning compliance risk arising from written and verbal interactions with current and prospective customers, including marketing activities, in a language other than English. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Execute and enhance compliance review processes for translated materials.
- Conduct reviews of customer-facing materials, scripting, sales and customer service guidelines and other translated items to assess compliance with applicable laws and regulations and provide risk mitigation recommendations and compliance approval decisions.
- Assess compliance risk related to business changes involving activities executed in languages other than English.
- Support third party due diligence activities for third parties involved in language translation services and other processes that involve designing, delivering, servicing and responding to customers in a language other than English.
- Contribute to enhancing the language translation framework and process; review, advise and provide feedback from a compliance risk management perspective.
- Perform quality assurance functions assessing compliance risk management for processes and controls related to translation governance.
- Provide compliance risk management support related to corporate and business line policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of compliance requirements, guidance and other legal and regulatory developments, especially those that relate to language translation and serving limited English proficiency consumers.
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience - Ten or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment - Bilingual English/Spanish, must be able to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently. Language proficiency will be assessed as a condition of employment prior to offer.
Preferred Skills/Experience - At least 10 years applicable experience in bank compliance risk management, consumer protection, legal, audit, or regulatory examination - Experience and expert knowledge of consumer banking laws and regulations, including prohibitions against unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices, anti-discrimination consumer protection, and strong knowledge of compliance requirements and risk areas concerning language translation and offering/servicing products in languages other than English - Strong knowledge of banking products, services, and operations - Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills - Strong collaboration, interpersonal, management, and client relationship skills; ability to interact and present to management - Law degree or certified regulatory compliance manager (CRCM) with advanced experience in performing consumer compliance functions; certified audit professional with advanced fair lending, consumer protection; or bank regulatory experience with emphasis in consumer compliance - Thorough knowledge of U.S. Bancorp operations, policies and procedures, and the ability to review and suggest revisions to policies, procedures, and controls to demonstrate effectuate compliance - Experience with large complex banking organizations and associated product/service offerings - Experience in providing guidance regarding complex operational and compliance matters, enforcing requirements, working with auditors and examiners, negotiating desired outcomes, executing project and implementation plans, and reporting issues and trends to management- Testing, audit or quality assurance experience related to regulatory compliance
Apply on company website