At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The Product & Strategy Analyst will provide frontline leadership and direction for product innovation, while supporting the development and execution of various strategic initiatives. Primary responsibilities include the development of strategies, recommendations, and implementation plans for new products as well the enhancement to existing products. The successful candidate will lead the product management of USBAM's investment-grade, fixed-income product solutions; identify key business opportunities and issues, work independently and in concert with distribution, investment, operations, and strategy teams to develop strategies, recommendations and implementation plans based on opportunities to contribute to the fulfillment of the firm's vision. To that end, the Product & Strategy Analyst will participate in the development of both short- and long-terms goals to meet USBAM's strategic initiatives. Requires a comprehensive knowledge of investment-grade fixed income products and project management skills, as the role will have product implementation responsibilities, which includes building requirements, sponsoring the implementations across all facets of the business and managing a project team of up to 15 individuals from time to time.
• Responsible for the overall product line including strategy and tactics; identifying target customer base and suggesting approaches for such, product positioning by channel, product line management and competitive analysis
• Manages design, development, implementation, and enhancement of new or existing products supporting organization and business line objectives, including monitoring and analysis of asset management and distribution trends
• Develop product strategy and financial business plan, working with finance, sales and USBAM's distribution partners
• Must have a strong understanding of the product line and be the "product advocate" by proactively and clearly disseminating investment-related information and developing the product message through verbal and print media to USBAM's sales team and distribution partners
• Analyze and report on competitors' product performance, portfolio composition, pricing and service, suggesting strategic, competitive adjustments to USBAM products and services through product pricing and yield analysis
• Reviews strategic product and market perspectives, evaluating long term effects and anticipating changes
• Reviews risk data related to product line(s) and ensures risks are effectively monitored and managed
• Ensures products meet state and Federal regulatory requirements and coordinates legal review of all supporting collateral materials and documentation
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of related work experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude and familiarity with Excel and analytical software and reporting, including eVestment, ClearWater and Bloomberg
• Demonstrated marketing research skills and leadership
• Strong investment knowledge and demonstrated sound decision making and strategic thinking under pressure, reflecting an understanding of our industry, business, and priorities
• Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
• Drive for results, conveying a sense of urgency and bringing issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition
• Ability to work independently, with outstanding flexibility, while contributing in a team environment
• Eight to 10 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred.
• Experience with investment-grade fixed income, securities lending, private funds, product management and money market funds strongly preferred.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website