At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
You have passion for designing on the Android platform. The Android channels team seeks to not only to extend and optimize our native experiences across phones, to tablet, and wearables but also to help us keep pace as the platform and device ecosystems evolve.
Serves as Design Lead – the “go to” leader of design – as assigned, for product(s) of high-complexity, large scope and broad impact; needing minimal guidance or supervision. Facilitative leader leveraging Design Thinking methods to guide group collaboration, ideation + customer-centered problem-solving. Influences their team to deliver AMAZING product experiences by collaborating cross-functionally to evolve, refine and execute elegant designs with compelling user interactions. Studies and understands competitors, market trends, customer wants/needs, and technical implementation to create the best product experiences — and explains/defends design choices with solid insights and well-reasoned rationales. Fully internalizes Shield design system, uses and actively evolves it by creating and improving components, microflows, templates and platform assemblies as our digital product needs evolve. Actively evangelizes Design by building relationships outside our working teams, participating in cross-functional/cross-organizational working groups, creating and presenting informative content & selling the benefits of great design. Drives the creation of insights based on qualitative and quantitative research
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis on Service Design, Experience Architecture or Information Architecture), or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry, with at least one year of team leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of user experience (UX) best practices, interactive design principles, information architecture and experience architecture; Service Design knowledge a plus
- Thorough knowledge of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations
- Thorough knowledge of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, and online marketing and business needs
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Familiar with common design software
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations; internal facing systems experience a plus
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website