Our Omnichannel team brings U.S. Bank to our customers by creating solutions that empowers customers to achieve their financial dreams – no matter how they choose to bank with us.
U.S. Bank is expanding the user experience (UX) team in support of our business transformation to a human centric experience. This is no “business as usual” group. In order to succeed, we need people who have high energy and aren't afraid to dive in. We have multiple opportunities open at various levels based on experience as a Designer, Senior Designer or Principal Designer. This is a great opportunity to bring brilliant digital experiences to our customers in helping to ensure U.S. Bank is central to our customers wherever they go!
Specifically, you will be responsible for shaping and improving the user experience through design, taking into consideration the effects of typography, space, layouts, color illustrations and photography on the usability of digital products. This role combines a thorough knowledge of current design trends, and a working knowledge of front-end development to interface across a variety of digital products. This role will work as part of an overall digital experience team that leverages Agile methodology and co-located work environment.
Other things you will be doing:
- Creating accessible interaction modules, screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, images, icons and other visual elements for approved and funded projects.
- Applying and updating existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate new products and campaigns.
- Present and communicate design and design goals to teammates and partners.
- Validate code is built as designed during projects (according to brand standards, style guides and pattern libraries).
- Review artifacts and deliverables from peer designers to ensure they accurately represent the U.S. Bank brand.
- Collaboratively partners with UX peers (visual designers, content writers, accessibility consultants, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences.
- Formally observes user interviews and usability sessions.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry
- Thorough understanding of theory of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, accessibility, and online marketing and business needs
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience creating style guides and pattern libraries
- Ability to work in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations
- General understanding of UX best practices
- Good communication and presentation skills
Apply on company website