Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Data Analyst III for the Health Information Management department at our main medical campus. In this role you will partner with the rest of the HIM team to patient records are accurate and updated in a timely manner. This individual is a critical component of our revenue/billing cycle.
In this role, under minimal direction, the Data Analyst III assists the Clinical Data section of the Health Information Management (HIM) department to ensure timely and accurate completion of coding and medical record documentation in order to meet the organization's unbilled and regulatory compliance goals; ensures the data integrity of the electronic medical record and indices; assists with ensuring effective and efficient HIM workflows relative to the maintenance and accuracy of health information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates with all stakeholders to ensure coding queries and missing medical record documentation is completed in a timely manner to facilitate the coding and billing processes.
- Performs data entry and/or validation activities in various coding, billing, and documentation systems to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of established workflows.
- Ensures data integrity of the electronic medical record by facilitating the correction of documentation and/or indexing errors.
- Collects, analyzes, validates, and displays statistical data in appropriate formats for reporting purposes.
- Ensures data integrity of the enterprise wide master patient index by monitoring, analyzing, investigating, and facilitating corrections of information maintained in the database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A completed High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 or more years of prior experience working with processing information in an automated format
- Intermediate knowledge and skills of computer operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to collect statistical data and prepare reports in an understandable format
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong skills in independently prioritizing and accurately performing a variety of duties of increasing responsibility within a system that has frequently changing assignments, priorities and deadlines
- Analytical ability to assess and glean information from the medical record, identify data errors and determine the appropriate process for correcting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally interact with patients, medical staff members, key administrative personnel and other health system personnel
- A completed Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in business or health information management education
- Prior healthcare industry experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Health Information Management
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website