Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as an Executive Assistant and Office Manager of Legal Affairs in the Legal Affairs department. This is an on-site opportunity based out of the Hyde Park location in Chicago, IL.
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager of Legal Affairs will serve as the Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and the Vice President, Government Affairs. The Executive Assistant and Office Manager of Legal Affairs will be responsible for managing the operational and administrative functions, activities, and projects of the office. This work will include supervising all administrative staff, overseeing and managing the budget process, and tracking and paying invoices. This individual will work on various tasks/projects concurrently with the need to prioritize as dictated by management needs. Performs work independently or as part of the administrative support team as required. Develops, edits, and finalizes office and other communications on behalf of the Executives. Consistently manages and administers all office functions related to the executive's day-to-day operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages executives' calendars, serves as liaison with internal clients and external callers/visitors, and schedules rooms for Office events.
- Manages and administers a wide range /variety of word processing/spreadsheet/power point tasks in final form, which are often confidential in nature and may require detailed proofreading and/or edits for grammatical reasons or accuracy.
- Manages daily operations for the Office, supervises administrative staff, administers and implements office policies, standards, and procedures, maintains office equipment, orders supplies, organizes multiple tasks, and identifies and implements methods of improving daily operations.
- Leads and oversees budget process, tracks and pays invoices, and prepares regular summary budget reports over the course of the fiscal year.
- Maintains regular contact with all levels of management and staff within the Medical Center, University and BSD when appropriate by gathering data, relaying messages, obtaining information, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of reports, documents and records. This includes personnel files, staffing and position control records, financial reports, project/proposal reports, financial plans and operating strategies.
- Provides administrative support to other attorneys from time to time and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business-related field preferred.
- Minimum seven to ten years of increasingly responsible administrative or secretarial experience, preferably in a complex health care or professional office setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Documented proficiency and advanced skills in a variety of computer software applications (including word processing, spread sheets, and presentation applications).
- Advanced skills in relation to Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Strong sense of service orientation in responding to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, both internal and external to the hospitals.
- Strong written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be able to plan, organize and work on various tasks concurrently; must be able to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a professional manner.
- Analytical ability required to track expenses/spending and to effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Location: Chicago, IL (Hyde Park)
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website