Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an Office Manager for our Physical Therapy department at our main medical campus.
The Office Manager is responsible for managing, supervising the operational and administrative functions, activities, and projects of the office. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the operations of the department to include supervising all department staff, billing, and collecting procedures, monitoring delivery of departmental services, planning for space allocation, acting as liaison with patients, businesses, hospitals, academic administration, and faculty. Provides project support and event management of varied department activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures office operations flow smoothly; ensures assignments are completed on time and in an organized manner.
- Establishes, enhances, and maintains an excellent rapport with hospital departments and clientele.
- Works with key hospital departments to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Assists in the interpretation, development, and implementation of special events and set-up processes.
- May supervise the support and administrative staff, administer, and implement office policies, standards, and procedures, organizes office operations and procedures, approves supply requisitions, and maintains office equipment.
- Provides project support and event management of varied department activities including day to day management of the department budget by maintaining records, reconciling accounts, assuring invoiced payments are made by preparing summary reports of expenditures.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the operations as needed through Oracle and keeps blue totes supplied prior to each event.
- Serves as the liaison/primary point of contact for those interfacing with the department; may schedule staff calendars and department calendars.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, schedules rooms for events and coordinates personnel required to participate.
- Handles requests for audio visual services when needed.
- Participates in and/or may lead different events.
- Utilizes project management and handles tracking using Microsoft Project as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A completed High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years of office/administration experience
- 3 or more years supervisory experience
- Documented proficiency and advanced skills in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spread sheets, presentation applications, Microsoft Project, and Visio
- A high degree of initiative and problem solving and an understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to excellence
- Ability to interact with customers independently and professionally, both internal and external to the hospital system
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks in a competent and professional manner in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding procedures and be familiar with Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurance billing procedures
- A completed bachelor's degree in healthcare or a business related field
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Unit/Department: Therapy Services
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website