Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Clinical Data Analyst in the Medical Records department.
In this role, the Clinical Data Analyst, under general direction, is responsible for coding and abstracting diagnoses and procedures from inpatient and outpatient medical records for optimal and timely reimbursement and quality reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assigns ICD-10-CM/PCS codes and assigns DRGs for inpatient medical records accounts; assigns ICD-10-CM/PCS codes and CPT codes for outpatient medical record accounts
- Abstracts key data elements required for billing, JCAHO, EPIB, and other databases
- Reviews records for clinical pertinence
- Interacts with providers for clarification of documentation/education
- Abstracts and codes records, for patient currently in the Hospitals, for interim billing purposes
- Performs qualitative analysis of records in accordance with JCAHO standards (medical/surgical records)
- Reviews records according to pre-established criteria for referral to physician reviewers
- Communicates with the medical staff in order to ensure appropriate assignment of principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures
- Maintains CE credits in accordance with the American Health Information Management Association's requirements
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) required or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Must have thorough working knowledge of ICD-10CM/PCS and CPT coding systems, DRG systems and federal/state regulations regarding reimbursement
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the hospital information system, electronic medical record systems and encoder; must have working knowledge of JCAHO standards for chart completion
- Must have a working knowledge of medical-legal rules and regulations that govern the confidentiality and release of medical information with the ability to interpret and implement the standards; must maintain total confidentiality of all patient records; and PC experience
- Job Type/FTE: FullTime (1.00 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8-Hour Shift
- Unit/Department: Medical Records
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website