We're hiring for a Patient Service Coordinator at the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Illinois!
The Patient Service Coordinator (PSC), under the director of the Administrative Manager and Supervisor, will be responsible for providing high volume customer service and clerical support to coordinate and facilitate patient care within the units. The PSC will be responsible for coordinating perioperative services appointments. The position requires the ability to interact with patients, their families, physicians and other healthcare team members within the unit.
At the University of Chicago Medicine, the dedicated Patient Service Coordinators share in our vision and commitment to excellent customer service and patient care. In patient support, we have a strong sense of service orientation in responding to the needs of internal and external customers. We work both independently and in a team environment to identify the best approach to problems and questions. We strive for a positive patient and customer experience, every time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least one year of general office experience, preferably in a medical/clinical setting
- Good written and verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask effectively, uses discretion and good judgment, and maintains patient confidentiality
- Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, internal and external to the Hospitals
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, ability to learn and utilize applicable software
- Associate Business courses preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Part Time (.60 FTE)
- Shift: Evenings
- Unit: General Medicine
- CBA Code: 743 union
Apply on company website