Join UChicago Medicine, as a Patient Service Coordinator in our OR Department.
As a Patient Service Coordinator and under the director of the Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for providing high volume customer service and clerical support to coordinate and facilitate patient care within the units.
In this role, the Patient Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating perioperative services appointments. The position requires the ability to interact with patients, their families, physicians and other healthcare team members within the unit. At the University of Chicago Medicine, the dedicated Patient Service Coordinators share in our vision and commitment to excellent customer service and patient care. In patient support, we have a strong sense of service orientation in responding to the needs of internal and external customers. We work both independently and in a team environment to identify the best approach to problems and questions. We strive for a positive patient and customer experience, every time.
Perioperative Service/OR Administration department is known for positive and memorable patient and family interactions which are essential in the delivery of patient-centered care and are significant factors in attracting new patients and ensuring that existing patients continue to use our Medical Center for their health care.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates the patient admission process.
- Answers patient intercom and ensures that requests are referred to the appropriate staff immediately.
- Arranges patient transportation to outside agencies.
- Coordinates facilities information (e.g. work orders) as received by unit staff, maintains records of requests and follows up as needed to assure task completion and relays information back to the appropriate staff regarding the status of outstanding work orders.
- Assembles, organizes, and maintains patient medical records/charts according to hospital policies and procedures and ensures and obtains necessary signatures as required for all forms according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Inputs patient charges via computer system, assists in the orientation of new staff, cross-covers multiple patient care units during regular work shift when required and runs errands as deemed necessary by Care Center leadership.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees and students.
- Performs other duties assigned..
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least one year of general office experience, preferably in a medical/clinical setting
- Good written and verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask effectively, uses discretion and good judgment, and maintains patient confidentiality
- Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, internal and external to the Hospitals
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, ability to learn and utilize applicable software
- Associate Business courses preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Rotate
- Unit/Department: OR Administration
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website