Join UChicago Medicine as a Pediatric Social Worker working in the Emergency Room for the Risk, Patient Safety & Compliance department. Social workers have an integral role in providing the best possible care for every patient during his or her hospital stay and outpatient treatment. Come join our team of committed, quality-focused professionals!
Become a part of our thriving department where we are guided by core professional values promoting service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
Our social workers deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the UChicago Medicine as a whole. Our Social Work Department provides LCSW Clinical Supervision to those pursuing their LCSW, opportunity to provide graduate level Social Work field supervision requiring a field placement, and onsite CEU opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Psychosocial and Safety Assessments
- Transitions of Care Planning
- Coordination of interdisciplinary interventions
- Crisis intervention
- Supportive counseling around adjustment to illness, hospitalization, and/or outpatient care
- Promote access to hospital and community resources
- Master's degree in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Self-motivated, organized and comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A Collaborative, solution-focused, team player to help facilitate safe patient outcomes and contribute to institutional goals
- Previous clinical social work experience in a health care setting of at least one year
- Licensure in Illinois
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Previous clinical social work experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time - 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 10-hour shift - 11:00am to 9:30 pm - Every other weekend coverage
- Unit/Department: Care Coordination
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website