Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a Receptionist at our Harvey clinic.
The Receptionist, UCM Care Network, performs day-to-day administrative and general office duties including but not limited to scheduling appointments, answering telephones, and maintaining records and accounts.
Ready to speak with a recruiter? Follow this link to get the conversation started:https://oli.vi/vgNLKG
Essential Job Functions
- Answer and screens telephone calls in a courteous manner and record messages for physicians and other personnel.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Obtain accurate information from patients, ensure all registration forms are complete and collect patient and insurance payments.
- Copy patient information and forward to requesting party after receiving appropriate consent to release medical records.
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors, assisting and directing appropriately while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned, including respecting/promoting patient rights, responding appropriately to emergency codes, sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical office or hospital setting
- Familiarity with database entry and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work
- General working knowledge of PC
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Day Shift
- Unit/Department: Neurology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website