Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Registered Dietitian II with our Endocrinology Clinic. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
As a Registered Dietitian II in an outpatient setting, your primary responsibilities will be to assess nutrition status, provide nutrition education and diabetes self-management education and support (DSMES) in pediatric and adult patients with diabetes and their caregivers. As part of an American Diabetes Association Diabetes Education Recognition Program, perform duties in support of, and in compliance with the National Standards of DSMES and with requirements of regulatory, accrediting, and licensing agencies.
Minimum experience should include working with patients in an outpatient setting.
- BS/BA in Nutrition, Dietetics or other relevant major
- Must either have an MS degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or other relevant major or a specialty certification relevant to position (e.g. Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, Certified Specialist in Oncology, Certified Specialist in Renal, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist)
- Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a registered dietitian
- Excellent verbal, analytical, quantitative and writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience with American Diabetes Association education recognition program standards
- Experience as a Registered Dietitian in an Ambulatory setting
- CDCES (CDE)
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0)
- Shift: Days – 8-Hour Shifts
- Unit/Department: Endocrinology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website