Join UChicago Medicine as a Registered Respiratory Therapist - Registry/PRN!
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a patient-focused and influential role as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with our Respiratory Care Services department. The Respiratory Care Services Department is committed to providing quality individualized care for adult, pediatric and neonatal patients through the employment of highly trained (RRT) Registered Respiratory Therapists, advanced technology and defined patient protocols. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers respiratory care treatments, procedures, and protocols under the direct supervision of department leadership and physician.
- Provides for patient assessment to determine cardiopulmonary status, implement appropriate patient care protocols, or to maintain/improve cardiopulmonary hemodynamic status.
- Initiates and maintains emergent and non-emergent non-invasive ventilation and invasive mechanical ventilation per department policies and protocols.
- Graduate of an approved and accredited Respiratory Care Program (at least two years in duration)
- Diploma or Certificate of Completion and Associate's Degree
- Demonstrates effective and accurate communication and documentation skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by The National Board for Respiratory Care
- Licensed by The State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Basic Life Support Healthcare provider certification (American Heart Association)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification, PALS Certification, or ACLS Certification, depending upon patient care area assigned and the primary patient populations served
- Job Type/FTE: 0.10 FTE
- Shift: 12 hour shift - Rotating
- Unit/Department: Respiratory Therapy - Pediatrics
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website